The electronic sphygmomanometer, like the mercury sphygmomanometer, needs to be calibrated regularly. It is necessary to ensure calibration at least once a year to ensure the normal measurement data.
First, according to the standard operating instructions, the mercury sphygmomanometer without defects and the right upper arm can be respectively placed on the left upper arm, and the suspected accuracy of the electronic sphygmomanometer can be placed on the left upper arm. Naturally, the sphygmomanometer on both sides will stop inflation testing synchronously. After the blood pressure starts the electronic sphygmomanometer switch, stop the pressure measurement of the mercury sphygmomanometer immediately, measure continuously for 2 to 3 times, and take the uniform value, The uniform value of bilateral readings is the standard reading of two sphygmomanometer, and the mercury sphygmomanometer reading is the accurate blood pressure. The difference between the two standard readings is the bias of the electronic sphygmomanometer suspected of accuracy.
Second, first measure blood pressure with mercury column sphygmomanometer; After three minutes of rest, measure the blood pressure with an electronic sphygmomanometer for the second time; Then rest for three minutes, and measure the blood pressure for the third time with a mercury column sphygmomanometer; Take the uniform value of the first and third measurements. Compared with the value measured by the electronic sphygmomanometer for the second time, the difference should generally be less than 5 mm Hg. If it is not correct, then the electronic sphygmomanometer needs calibration. The most scientific calibration method is to take the electronic sphygmomanometer to the quality monitoring department for calibration once a year.
Factors affecting the accuracy of measurement results of electronic sphygmomanometer
1. The first generation of mechanical constant speed exhaust valves were often considered imprecise due to the use of rubber valves that were prone to aging; This technology has been eliminated by mainstream electronic sphygmomanometer manufacturers;
2. The software of electronic sphygmomanometer from different manufacturers is complete and different, and the stability and accuracy of measurement results are also far from each other;
3. Not calibrated or not calibrated regularly;
4. Improper application method: The correct application method is to adhere to the position of the cuff or wrist strap at the same level as the heart during the testing process, and also adhere to not speaking, sitting upright, and maintaining a stable mood;
5. Inappropriate use of people or places. Generally speaking, pay attention to the purchase of a good brand of electronic sphygmomanometer, and pay attention to the above points, then the measurement results of electronic sphygmomanometer still have some reference value.