» Company News
» What posture is good when measuring blood pressure, and there are also people who use the wrong method to measure blood pressure
What posture is good when measuring blood pressure, and there are also people who use the wrong method to measure blood pressure
文章来源：鑫志科技 / 作者：鑫志科技 / 发表时间：2021-10-19
Regarding the issue of hypertension, many people are aware of the dangers of hypertension and insist on taking medication, but do not know how to measure blood pressure correctly. Using incorrect measurement results to lower blood pressure can easily lead to health risks.
Among the problems faced by hypertensive patients, the main ones are "should we sit or lie down when taking blood pressure measurements? If the results of two consecutive measurements are different, which one should prevail? If the blood pressure levels in the left and right hands are different, which one is the true blood pressure?" If we cannot understand these problems, it will directly lead to incorrect treatment methods.
How to accurately measure blood pressure
1. Selection of measurement time: 70% of people have two blood pressure peaks in the morning and afternoon. The blood pressure measured during peak hours can reflect the true situation of blood pressure. Therefore, it is recommended to measure blood pressure after waking up in the morning, and if possible, it is best to monitor blood pressure 24 hours a day.
2. Selection of sphygmomanometer: Although the mercury sphygmomanometer is more accurate, it is inconvenient to use, store and carry. The electronic sphygmomanometer is more suitable for home use. The error of wrist electronic sphygmomanometer is too large, so it is recommended to choose arm electronic sphygmomanometer when the family measures blood pressure by itself. When using, remember to regularly check with the manufacturer and perform after-sales calibration.
3. Sitting posture measurement: It is recommended to sit on a chair with a backrest, with a table in front, arms naturally resting on the table, and feet flat on the ground. Because family self-test blood pressure, when the human body is sitting, the height of the upper arm and heart is the same, which has little impact on blood pressure.
4. Note for using the cuff: The cuff of the sphygmomanometer should be wrapped around the middle of the upper arm. Generally, it should be about 2-3 cm away from the armpit. Don't wrap it around the elbow joint. The cuff should be chosen according to the thickness of different people's arms, and it is also important to be careful not to tighten or loosen it when wrapping.
5. Surrounding environment for measurement: Measure blood pressure at a quiet and suitable temperature setting. Rest for at least 5 minutes before the exam. Do not measure after drinking alcohol, coffee, or smoking. If it is done after waking up in the morning, empty the bladder first, but do not eat anything.
6. Inflation time should not be too long: if the sphygmomanometer is inflated manually, the time for inflation to compress the blood vessels should not be too long. Otherwise, it may stimulate the pressure receptors in the blood vessels, causing reflex contraction of the entire body's blood vessels, resulting in a higher measured blood pressure. Full automatic electronic sphygmomanometer is recommended.
7. Selection of left and right hands: When measuring and controlling blood pressure for the first time, the blood pressure of the left and right arms should be measured separately, and the side with the higher blood pressure value should be designed as the standard. For subsequent measurements, the length of the arm on this side should also be used as the standard. Usually, the blood pressure values of the two arms on one side of the hand are higher. If the pressure difference between the two arms exceeds 20mm Hg, it is recommended that the patient go to a doctor to check whether there is stenosis of subclavian artery.
8. Recording of blood pressure values: When measuring and controlling blood pressure, it is recommended to take two measurements at a time interval of 1-2 minutes. If the error is within 10mmHg twice, record the lowest survey result. If our error is above 10mmHg twice, then increase and record the average value of the last two measurements for the third time.
9. What is nighttime blood pressure? People with irregular blood pressure fluctuations may experience an increase in blood pressure at night. Set the alarm clock at midnight to get up and measure blood pressure, not at night. Because once a person leaves their sleep state, their blood pressure will change, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring is needed to measure nighttime blood pressure more accurately.
To prevent and treat hypertension, it is necessary to learn to measure blood pressure correctly, grasp the true situation and pattern of one's own blood pressure, and keep records. This can serve as an important basis for adjusting medication plans and help us better control our own blood pressure.